Sheet Metal Fabrication is the process of forming parts from a metal sheet by punching, cutting, stamping, and bending.This course offers you a better understanding and skillset on how sheet metal fabrication includes important design considerations to help improve part manufacturability, enhance cosmetic appearance, and reduce overall production time.
- Basic understanding of Sheet metal
- Basic Knowledge in Creo or any CAD software
- Working professionals and relevant students.
Course Duration: 20 hours
- How to design effectively with sheet metal
- Design Guidelines and considerations for sheet metal Design
- How Material properties affect the Part quality and design considerations
- Designing of simple sheet metal brackets
- Sheet metal operations
- Process and application-based material selection
- Hardness, toughness and strength in Sheet metal
- Bend operations and its effects
- Forming and Bending theory
- Form and Bend ability of metal sheets and related factors
- Bending Parameters in Sheet metal design
- K factor, Neutral axis, Bend allowance
- The concept of Spring-back and ways to reduce it
- Design Guidelines to create cost- effective designs which are suitable for manufacturing.
- Sheet metal modeling using Creo
- Hands on projects