BIW refers to the body shell design of an automotive product such as cars, trucks, buses etc. Body in white (BIW) is the stage in automobile manufacturing in which an automotive body’s frame has been assembled together by assembly techniques such as welding, riveting, clinching, bonding, laser brazing etc., that is before painting and before the motor, chassis sub-assemblies, or trims have been integrated into the structure. This course helps learners to gain skills and detailed knowledge of Body in white design as per industry demand.
- Basic understanding of Hydraulics and Pneumatics from education
- Basic CATIA or any CAD Knowledge
- Working professionals and relevant students
Course Duration: 36 hours
- Introduction to BIW
- BIW Design approach and requirements
- Design considerations
- BIW elements: upper body, under body, roof systems.
- Shape design, image rendering and interface design using any CAD software.
- Sheet Metal Forming process
- Sheet metal modeling using any CAD software
- BIW assembly procedures
- Surface modelling using any CAD software
- Basics of GD&T
- Hands on projects